Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wars, Storms and Sidelines

Some time lying around this morning, I found it.

 No words explain an electrical storm.  Literally.  The blog has remained untouched, wordless for over a month.

 Navigating the medical world as an advocate versus a patient is no delight.  Made it home yesterday from a 24 hour video EEG.  Everything came back normal.  Reassuring, they say.  I was thinking absence seizures were part of the mix, this delightfully told us that was not the case.  Hanging in the air, unanswered, are her shaky dances.  Sensory overload, perhaps? I want to be done with neurology.  Eye doctor this morning, maybe she will offer some clarification as to the right eye droop, and uneven blinking. 

As I walk through this with my little family, I see how much I thought that my job as a parent was only to cultivate the energy, the spirit, inside my girls.  I imagined a dance, dramatic and quick, through their childhood ushering them to adolescence.  A vision which included some painful fights, along with lovely remonstrances. My job all the while, a referee standing on the sidelines.  Silly me.  No sidelines, whatsoever.  Consider that fantasy smashed. 

But life is better, living is best.  No daydreaming, no sidelines, we are all up in this life thing.  ALL UP IN IT.  But we only have this one.  So I fight.  For their spirit, for their life-dance, I will go to war. 

No comments:

Post a Comment